London, UK – Canada Life Investments is pleased to announce that today it is launching the LF Canlife Diversified Monthly Income Fund, a diversified portfolio of income-generating assets which include global company shares, international government and corporate bonds as well as property. The launch reflects the rising demand for income drawdown choices as people increasingly take more control of their retirement savings and traditional income strategies become more challenging partly due to the long-lasting low interest rate environment.
“The Fund invests in a broad range of securities which in our opinion provide well-supported and growing distributions together with prospects for capital preservation and growth,” says Craig Rippe, Canada Life Investments’ Head of Multi-Asset and Manager of the new Fund. He explains that the Fund’s aim is to provide income on a monthly basis with the prospect for long-term growth by pursuing what the portfolio management team deems the most attractive income opportunities.
Andrew Morris, Product Specialist at Canada Life Investments, also notes how the Fund, which sits in the IA Mixed Investment 20-60% Shares sector, complements the firm’s expanding range of multi-asset solutions. “Contributing to Craig’s multi-asset expertise is the fact that he is able to tap the vast experience of our internal fund management teams and their long-term track records in fixed income, equity and property.” Morris adds: “The increased flexibility for taking income at retirement has prompted more people to consider new solutions and this Fund aims to provide investors with both monthly income and the prospect of long-term capital growth.”
For press and all media enquiries, please contact:
Head of Media and PR
T: 07833 085387
Notes to Editors:
About Canada Life Investments
- Heritage, size & stability – founded in 1847, our parent business is part of the Great-West Life Group, which has £821 billion in assets under administration. In our 100-strong London office, Canada Life Investments manages more than £37 billion in fixed income, property and equities, as well as a comprehensive multi-asset range. We believe we are able to offer the size and financial strength of a large global institution, as well as the customer focus and service levels of a boutique organisation
- A long-term business – the very nature of our business is long-term. We have been building long-term relationships with our customers in the UK since 1903, demonstrated by our annuity customers and our fund propositions, which are targeted at long-term solutions. Many of our fund managers have been with the company for well over a decade and some for more than 35 years. Our long-standing investment team is committed to our values and philosophy
- A customer focus – Canada Life Investments is built on the needs of the customer. We want our clients to invest with us for the long-term, trusting us as custodians of their money. Our products are designed to deliver what our clients expect
- Wide-ranging expertise – our team of investment professionals has an extensive track record across a wide range of assets, including bonds, equities, private placements and unlisted transactions. Our award-winning property team also manages both direct property investments and commercial mortgages
- We offer solutions – we understand the challenges our clients face, from regulatory issues to investment selection. Be it fixed income, property or equities we believe we are well-placed to help our clients navigate the market through a varied suite of products. These include domestic and international bonds and equities, UK commercial property and a comprehensive multi-asset range, which includes a set of risk-target managed funds that focus explicitly on client suitability
As at 31/03/19
The value of investments may fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the amount invested. Income from investments may fluctuate. Currency fluctuations can also affect performance.
A full description of the risks of investing in the fund is set out in the latest Prospectus and Key Investor Information Documents (KIID) available at www.canadalifeinvestments.com
Canada Life Investments is the brand for investment management activities undertaken by Canada Life Asset Management Limited, Canada Life Limited and Canada Life European Real Estate Limited. Canada Life Asset Management Limited (no. 03846821), Canada Life Limited (no.00973271) and Canada Life European Real Estate Limited (no. 03846823) are all registered in England and the registered office for all three entities is Canada Life Place, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire EN6 5BA. Canada Life Asset Management Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Canada Life Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
CLI01427 Expiry 30/06/2019