London, UK – Canada Life Investments is pleased to announce the completion of a fixed rate loan totalling £180 million for a private client. The 15-year loan facility is secured against a highly diversified mixed-use Central London property portfolio at a sub 50% LTV. “This loan supports our aim of growing the loan book throughout the lending cycle, putting us in a strong position to capitalise on good quality opportunities whenever these become available” said Nicholas Bent, Head of Real Estate Finance at Canada Life Investments.
This loan reinforces Canada Life Investments longstanding strategy to diversify the company’s holdings by providing real estate finance and demonstrates an ongoing capability to fund larger transactions within the commercial property lending market. Canada Life’s London office has been originating loans for over thirty years, with a fully resourced team managing all of the loan book in-house.
For press and all media enquiries, please contact:
Head of Media and PR
T: 07833 085387
Notes to Editors:
About Canada Life Investments
- Heritage, size & stability – founded in 1847, our parent business is part of the Great-West Life Group, which has £821 billion in assets under administration. In our 100-strong London office, Canada Life Investments manages more than £37 billion in fixed income, property and equities, as well as a comprehensive multi-asset range. We believe we are able to offer the size and financial strength of a large global institution, as well as the customer focus and service levels of a boutique organisation
- A long-term business – the very nature of our business is long-term. We have been building long-term relationships with our customers in the UK since 1903, demonstrated by our annuity customers and our fund propositions, which are targeted at long-term solutions. Many of our fund managers have been with the company for well over a decade and some for more than 35 years. Our long-standing investment team is committed to our values and philosophy
- A customer focus – Canada Life Investments is built on the needs of the customer. We want our clients to invest with us for the long-term, trusting us as custodians of their money. Our products are designed to deliver what our clients expect
- Wide-ranging expertise – our team of investment professionals has an extensive track record across a wide range of assets, including bonds, equities, private placements and unlisted transactions. Our award-winning property team also manages both direct property investments and commercial mortgages
- We offer solutions – we understand the challenges our clients face, from regulatory issues to investment selection. Be it fixed income, property or equities we believe we are well-placed to help our clients navigate the market through a varied suite of products. These include domestic and international bonds and equities, UK commercial property and a comprehensive multi-asset range, which includes a set of risk-target managed funds that focus explicitly on client suitability
As at 31/03/19
The value of investments may fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the amount invested. Income from investments may fluctuate. Currency fluctuations can also affect performance.
Please note that while Canada Life Asset Management and Canada Life Limited are regulated as stated below, property management and the provision of commercial mortgages are not regulated activities.
Canada Life Investments is the brand for investment management activities undertaken by Canada Life Asset Management Limited, Canada Life Limited and Canada Life European Real Estate Limited. Canada Life Asset Management Limited (no. 03846821), Canada Life Limited (no.00973271) and Canada Life European Real Estate Limited (no. 03846823) are all registered in England and the registered office for all three entities is Canada Life Place, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire EN6 5BA. Canada Life Asset Management Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Canada Life Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
CLI01457 Expiry 30/09/2019