Canada Life Investments announces the appointment of Rick Wisentaner as Head of Credit with immediate effect. He will report to David Marchant, Chief Investment Officer, Canada Life Limited and Managing Director, Canada Life Asset Management Limited.
Before joining Canada Life Investments, Rick was Deputy Chief Investment Officer and Head of Credit at Aerion Fund Management where he was responsible for the management of £4.5bn of credit assets. Prior to this, he was Head of Global Credit at Mitsubishi UFJ Asset Management (UK) Ltd and Head of Global Credit at Kuwait Investment Office.
Commenting on the appointment, David Marchant said:
“Rick brings a wealth of experience in global credit markets and his expertise in credit analysis and management in both the US and UK will be a huge asset to the business. We have significant resource in the credit team at Canada Life Investments and Rick’s input and oversight will ensure that we maintain our industry-leading fixed income capability.”
For further information, please contact:
Head of Media and PR
T: 07833 085387
About Canada Life Investments
- Heritage, size & stability – founded in 1847, our parent business is part of the Great-West Life Group, which manages £790 billion in assets, across the globe. In our 100-strong London office, Canada Life Investments manages more than £37 billion in fixed income, property and equities, as well as a comprehensive multi-asset range. We believe we are able to offer the size and financial strength of a large global institution, as well as the customer focus and service levels of a boutique organisation*
- A long-term business – the very nature of our business is long-term. We have been building long-term relationships with our customers in the UK since 1903, demonstrated by our annuity customers and our fund propositions, which are targeted at long-term solutions. Many of our fund managers have been with the company for well over a decade and some for more than 35 years. Our long-standing investment team is committed to our values and philosophy
- A customer focus – Canada Life Investments is built on the needs of the customer. We want our clients to invest with us for the long-term, trusting us as custodians of their money. Our products are designed to deliver what our clients expect
- Wide-ranging expertise – our team of investment professionals has an extensive track record across a wide range of assets, including bonds, equities, private placements and unlisted transactions. Our award-winning property team also manages both direct property investments and commercial mortgages
- We offer solutions – we understand the challenges our clients face, from regulatory issues to investment selection. Be it fixed income, property or equities we believe we are well-placed to help our clients navigate the market through a varied suite of products. These include domestic and international bonds and equities, UK commercial property and a comprehensive multi-asset range, which includes a set of risk-target managed funds that focus explicitly on client suitability
* As at 31/12/17