London, UK – Canada Life Investments is pleased to announce an extension of its suite of low-cost mixed asset solutions with the introduction of the LF Canlife Managed 20%-60% Fund. This is the London-based firm’s eighth managed multi-asset fund and a reflection of the increasing investor demand for stable returns and steady income. “The 20%-60% is a logical addition to our popular multi-asset range and neatly rounds off our menu for straight-forward risk profiled funds,” remarks Craig Rippe, Head of Multi-Asset at Canada Life Investments.
Co-managed by Rippe and David Marchant, Chief Investment Officer, the LF Canlife Managed 20%-60% Fund is focused on generating long term capital growth (in excess of five years) and sits perfectly in-between the firm’s existing Managed 0%-35% Fund and Balanced Fund OEICs. Outsourcing these investments of varied risk appetites has become even more attractive for advisors and their clients given the current geopolitical and macroeconomic uncertainties and their effect on risk and returns.
The new fund will sit in the IA Mixed Investment 20%-60% shares sector and is invested in a broad range of global assets including income-orientated equities, government bonds and short-duration corporate bonds, as well as UK commercial property. This diversification allows the management team to spread risk and increase the universe of investment opportunities. Holding such an assortment of allocations within a single fund eases the administration and reduces the burden of keeping track of numerous investments across a variety of providers.
The strategy for the LF Canlife Managed 20%-60% Fund has been employed for the existing Canlife
Managed (20-60% Shares) Life Fund since 2006. Its allocations run across a number of internally-managed strategies including:
LF Canlife UK Equity Income Fund
LF Canlife Global Equity Fund
LF Canlife UK Property ACS
LF Canlife Global Macro Bond Fund
LF Canlife Corporate Bond Fund
LF Canlife Short Duration Corporate Bond Fund
“By investing in our own range of actively managed funds, we are able to tap the vast experience of our in-house fund management teams and their long term track records in fixed income, equity and UK property. Investing with them leaves the stock-picking decision makers with the real power to select the best global assets for delivering growth,” adds Andrew Morris, Product Specialist at Canada Life Investments. Further information about our funds and their managers can be found at www.canadalifeinvestments.com
For press and all media enquiries, please contact:
Head of Media and PR
T: 07833 085387
Notes to Editors:
About Canada Life Investments
- Heritage, size & stability – founded in 1847, our parent business is part of the Great-West Life Group, which has £821 billion in assets under administration. In our 100-strong London office, Canada Life Investments manages more than £37 billion in fixed income, property and equities, as well as a comprehensive multi-asset range. We believe we are able to offer the size and financial strength of a large global institution, as well as the customer focus and service levels of a boutique organisation
- A long-term business – the very nature of our business is long-term. We have been building long-term relationships with our customers in the UK since 1903, demonstrated by our annuity customers and our fund propositions, which are targeted at long-term solutions. Many of our fund managers have been with the company for well over a decade and some for more than 35 years. Our long-standing investment team is committed to our values and philosophy
- A customer focus – Canada Life Investments is built on the needs of the customer. We want our clients to invest with us for the long-term, trusting us as custodians of their money. Our products are designed to deliver what our clients expect
- Wide-ranging expertise – our team of investment professionals has an extensive track record across a wide range of assets, including bonds, equities, private placements and unlisted transactions. Our award-winning property team also manages both direct property investments and commercial mortgages
- We offer solutions – we understand the challenges our clients face, from regulatory issues to investment selection. Be it fixed income, property or equities we believe we are well-placed to help our clients navigate the market through a varied suite of products. These include domestic and international bonds and equities, UK commercial property and a comprehensive multi-asset range, which includes a set of risk-target managed funds that focus explicitly on client suitability
As at 31/12/18
The value of investments may fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the amount invested. Currency fluctuations can also affect performance.
A full description of the risks of investing in the fund is set out in the latest Prospectus and Key Investor Information Documents (KIID) available at www.canadalifeinvestments.com.
Canada Life Investments is the brand for investment management activities undertaken by Canada Life Asset Management Limited, Canada Life Limited and Canada Life European Real Estate Limited. Canada Life Asset Management Limited (no. 03846821), Canada Life Limited (no.00973271) and Canada Life European Real Estate Limited (no. 03846823) are all registered in England and the registered office for all three entities is Canada Life Place, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire EN6 5BA. Canada Life Asset Management is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Canada Life Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
CLI01374 Expiry 30/06/2019